Steve’s vision -- for Nevada education, solar, public safety, and working families is endorsed by a range of groups which includes: Seniors United, Nevada Veterans Association, and the Nevada Conservation League, as well as prominent groups within the law enforcement, workers', and business communities.
Success in the Classroom.
Parents want what’s best for their kid - including great teachers and high quality classrooms - not wasting valuable time on high stakes testing. Steve understands that having families involved in their kids’ education helps children succeed in the classroom.
If our kids are going to compete for the jobs of the future, they need a world-class education - from preschool all the way through college. Steve is running to find long term solutions that increase investments in our schools so we can build more classrooms and retain the best teachers. By guaranteeing our students a high-quality education, we can ensure that Nevada will prosper for generations to come.
- Fight for greater parental involvement in our schools, giving families more choice in and more direction of their kids’ future.
- Work with Governor Sandoval to cut the number of high stakes standardized tests our kids are forced to take - freeing teachers to teach, rather than just teaching to the test.
Restarting our New Energy Economy
Nevada was becoming a leader in clean energy jobs until the Republican led legislature gave un-elected bureaucrats the authority to kill our solar industry — costing thousands of jobs right here in Southern Nevada.
Nevada can be on the front lines of fostering a new decade of research that spurs innovation, industry, and good-paying jobs that can’t be outsourced overseas.
- Crack down on the regulators who made the decision to kill solar panel subsidies and revive our rooftop solar industry.
- support making a bold investment in making Nevada the world’s leader in research, development, and use of clean and renewable energy.
Protecting Our Neighborhoods.
Protecting Those Who Protect Us.
As an attorney and community leader, Steve has seen firsthand the need for more resources and better tools for our police officers and first responders. The men and women who risk their lives to keep us safe deserve someone who will always have their backs.
Steve joins the Nevada Association of Public Safety Officers, Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson, and the Las Vegas Fraternal Order of Police in supporting commonsense background checks to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, violent felons, and domestic abusers while still respecting the rights of law-abiding gun owners. States that passed similar laws saw a 48% decrease in law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.
- push for increased neighborhood policing efforts and work to strengthen the relationship between our communities and the law enforcement officers who serve us. fight to secure the tools and resources law enforcement officers and first responders need to protect our neighborhoods and families
- push for increased neighborhood policing efforts and work to strengthen the relationship between our communities and the law enforcement officers who serve us.
Nevada First Jobs Plan.
Supporting Working Families.
Steve believes hard work should be rewarded and that no one who works more than 40 hours a week should struggle to put food on the table.
Steve will fight for equal pay for equal work, increasing the minimum wage, and championing policies to support paid family leave for working families.
Steve has a simple approach for our state and local contracts: give Nevada businesses the first crack. It’s a commonsense idea that our tax dollars should be put to work to create jobs for Southern Nevada families — not out-of-state corporations, and not which can be outsourced to China.
Supporting Family Values Means Supporting Working Families
Affordable, Quality Child Care & Paid Family and Medical Leave
Steve knows that affordable child care doesn’t just help parents – it also helps our economy. With so many working families struggling just to keep up these days, making quality child care more available for everyone will strengthen our families and give parents peace of mind.
Supporting family values starts with letting parents have the flexibility to take paid time off to care for family members who get sick. Steve knows that when Nevadans aren’t forced to choose between their job and the health of their family, we can create a more stable and productive workforce.